What types of personal data we collect?
In order to provision the Site and Services, we may collect personal information automatically, information you directly and voluntarily provide to us and also information from third parties. There can be different types of personal data depending on who you are and how you use the platform.
Information you provide to us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
- The Services you use or processing your orders
- Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms, email, or otherwise
- Your participation in sweepstakes, contests, or surveys
- Any reviews that you submit about the Services
- Account registration and administration of your account
- Uploads or posts to the Services
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
While parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as if you choose to browse the website without logging in), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
- Identity data, such as your gender, first name, last name, e-mail address, job title.
- Log-in credentials, if you create a Producer® account
- Billing information, such as shipping address of a gift card recipient, credit or debit card number, verification number, zip code, and expiration date
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us
- Information about your customer service interactions with us
- Demographic information such as your gender or other information you choose to provide as part of your Producer’s profile
- User-generated content you provide to us, such as when you comment on content on the Services, respond to a survey request or participate in the public forums
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
Information we collect through automated means
Each time you access the Site or use the Services, Producer® may be able to automatically collect personal information from your cookies or other tracking technologies like Google Analytics:
- Usage data, which informs us about how you use the Site such as the number of sessions, sections viewed, number of pages, time spent on these pages, number of interactions, login frequency, type of artworks shared and if you unfortunately have encountered errors.
- Technical data, which gives us details about the type and version of your Internet browser, your operating system, your IP address and domain name, the type of mobile device you use, your device unique identifier or advertising ID, the time zone and your language preference.
- Location data, which are exclusively collected on mobile devices through GPS or Wifi connection and only if the User has agreed to provide geo-location information.
Information we collect from others
We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our products, analytics, and advertising.
How do we use your personal data?
All personal information we collect are necessary to operate, improve, protect and personalize the Site and Services for our User, and to provide them customer support. As defined above, many types of data can be collected and they might be useful for various kind of purposes:
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer support
- Provide you with updates and information about new features you may like
- Contact you by email or phone regarding Producer’s products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services, including through research and reports, and test and create new products, features, and services
- Secure our website and application, and resolve app crashes and other issues being reported
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
How do we share and disclose your information
- With our service providers who help us to provision the Site and the Services such as our payment processing, logistic partner, administrative support and database providers.
- When we deliver marketing campaigns and use analytics tools, profiling tools, re-targeting tools, aggregate statistics (anonymized data) or e-mail service providers.
- With social media platforms if you use our share feature or links to third-party social media and also when we show you retargeted advertisements.
- To manage risks and legal claims with our professional advisers (lawyers and insurers) and to maintain our relationships or obligations with our investors.
- As required by law or to respond to a government request, with legal, regulatory, judicial or law-enforcement agencies and to comply with our legal obligations.
- For business transfer, if we decide to sell or merge parts of our business. You will be notified by these changes to verify your choices about your personal data.
All these third parties are required to provide sufficient guarantees and respect the security of your personal data. They can only use your information for the Services we provide to you and are not authorized to process your data for their own purposes. We also always ask for your opt-in before sharing your personal information and you will always have a right to opt-out of receiving our personalized marketing campaigns from Facebook Ads or Google Ads.
How do we store and secure your data?
We take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information and prevent unauthorized access to data or security breaches. However, and due to the nature of Internet and possible hardware or software failures, we cannot guarantee that the security of any information provided to the Site or through the Services will be absolutely ensured. Any transmission is at your own risk.
On top of that, we also strongly advise our Users to use secure e-mail addresses and complex passwords (with numbers, letters and special characters), we use safeguards to try to prevent unauthorized access, we store data on servers that are protected and regularly updated, and we also ensure that all data transmission are protected by TLS encryption technology (excepted e-mails).
We retain your personal information as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for, whether it is for our business needs (active agreements, disputes…) or legal requirements. These data are usually linked to an account therefore if you cancel your account, your personal data will be deleted 6 months after a cancellation.
Third party links and features
What legal rights do you have?
According to applicable data protection laws, all Users living in Switzerland or the European Economic Area have right to access and control their personal information. These rights are set by the Federal Act on Data Protection for Switzerland and the General Data Protection Regulation for Europe.
Your rights can be linked to the following requests you may have:
- Request access to your personal information and get details on how we process them
- Request to verify your personal data and ask to correct any inaccurate information
- Request to restrict or stop processing of your personal data for marketing purposes
- Request to delete your personal data and/or provide a copy of it to you
- Request to withdraw your initial consent to process your data at any time
- Request to transfer your personal data to you or if possible to a third party
All of the above rights can be invoked at any time and we usually try to respond to legitimate requests within one month. To do so, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and send us as much as possible information about your request with a proof of identity (passport, ID card or driving license) as we also need to verify your identity before starting to process your request.
How to contact us?
Producer® is the owner and the controller of your personal data. For any questions regarding this policy, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
Last updated version: October, 21st 2021